OK, so this week, Lisa and I went on a retreat at our local Catholic church – it was 25 hours, 100 woman, and a million tears. Frankly, my issue here is that I try to be funny on this blog but it feels wrong to joke about this experience. So I will just tell you – it was extraordinary. I never get sick of bonding with other women – sharing, laughing and crying. And we did our share of all three. I was left with several things (in no specific order):
1. I am so, so blessed and am more grateful than ever for all that I have.
2. It is mind-blowing how “far you can travel” in just 25 hours. We all felt like we had been there for weeks.
3. It is REALLY important to share.
4. We are hardest on ourselves – why is that?
5. You really never know what someone else has been through so it is so important not to judge. How bad do we all feel when we react to something and then get more information and say “Oh, I had no idea…”
6. Pain and sorrow are a necessary part of life. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”
7. Did I mention how grateful I feel?
It really was something we would not have done if not for this project so for that too, I am so thankful.